Classic & Timeless Style
The kandy lineup by alexander shorokhoff is dedicated to the most famous russian avant-gardist, wassily kandinsky.
Kandinsky possessed an extraordinary artisticintelligence and a pronounced feeling for colors and form. he assigned colors adeeper meaning and associations, for example, by describing the colour blue as“soft” and “aromatic”; or in contrast, the colour yellow as “fierce” and“pungent”.
Further, he assigned specific shapes tospecific colours. for instance, he imagined the colour red to be asquare.
As part of the kandy lineup, alexandershorokhoff created the model - kandy classic. watches that come with a squarecase are not usually described as a "classic and timeless beauty" -precisely the reason why the kandy classic has come about.
After all, the whole idea behind theavantgarde collection is to create timepieces that are controversial andprovocative. consequently, alexander shorokhov has once more proven that he isable to connect the contrasts of classical and modern art into one harmoniousensemble. he remains true to his principles concerning the design of allwatches of the avantgarde collection.
As is signature of the collection, the dial ofthe kandy classic is decorated with large figures 20, 40 and 60.
The surface of the watch dial is first treatedcircularly before being covered by enamel. the result is a very brightlyshining “summer feeling”.
The case is extraordinary, too. it is firstmade without any lugs – they are later welded to the back. this makes itpossible to include grooves on the case for the insertion of decorative wires.
The back of the case comes in the trademarkkandy design where three of the four small round glass elements, offering apeek into the decorated movement, are in three different avant garde colours –red, yellow and blue. truly, art on the wrist.
- Reference number: AS.KD01-10G
- Caliber: Automatic winding movement, caliber 2892.AS with hand-engraved and refined rotor, blued screws, power reserve approx. 47 hours
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds from centre, date
- Case: Stainless steel, black PVD-coated with glass inserts on back, with three indentations filled with silver wires, 3 atm water-resistant
- Diameter: 41 x 41 mm
- Height: 9 mm
- Glass: Anti-reflective sapphire glass on front
- Width of leather strap: 22 mm
- Dial: Silver-coloured, treated circularly and covered by enamel
- Hands: Silver coloured with luminous material
- Strap: Genuine croc leather strap engraved massive stainless steel pin buckle
- Limitation : No
- Warranty: 2 years